26 Weeks Tragedy Strikes again

Fast forward another 3 weeks. We were finally planning to move out of our mold infested home into a new beautiful home. We were excited to be putting that chapter behind us. My boyfriend had been packing up boxes here and there and had plans to spend this weekend packing all the big stuff so that we could move the first weekend of May. He didn't want me doing much work at all out of fear of me bleeding again.

I however, wasn't concerned with that at all. It was one isolated episode and the doctor wasn't worried so I was carrying on as though this was a smooth, easy and healthy pregnancy. No reason I can't pack a few boxes. I didn't plan on moving them but I figured two people were better than one at packing up such a big house.

We had the master plan down and felt great about it. I also, was supposed to be studying for semester finals at this point as they were two weeks away. Then my boyfriend got the call. I could tell by the look in his face, this was a bad call. That call he probably wishes he took in private. I could hear his voice go shaky and I knew it was something serious. His father is pretty old so I assumed it had to do with him. I anxiously waited for him to fill me in. His Aunt had just passed away from liver cancer. He was devastated. Naturally the funeral was out of state and this weekend! When we had planned to do all our packing.

He knows I'm a busy body and he requested to attend the funeral. I told him to go of course. I had military drill that weekend anyway but I told him I wouldn't stay out at the base so that I could come home to the dog and cat that weekend. I took my daughter to my parents house and him and I parted ways for the weekend. I missed him so much! I was worried about him too. From what I understood he was very close to this aunt. I wished I could find the right words or do the right thing to just make him feel better. I couldn't. So I tried my best to focus on work.

This particular drill very few people were there because they had gone on their annual tour. I wasn't allowed to go since I was pregnant and it was a dangerous location. Fair enough! So I stayed back to get training and other stuff in order for my troops when they returned. I had one of them there with me and she is pretty new so I focused on mentoring her and trying to get her training record up to par. All day Saturday I was complaining about mild back pain and I didn't think much of it. The days end came and I made the long drive back home. I tried to do some packing in my daughters room as I sat on the floor. No big deal. No heavy lifting. Just folding clothes and putting them in a box.

I went to bed pretty early because I had to be up early to get to the base on time the next morning. My back was screaming at me! I took some Tylenol and finally fell asleep. I woke up Sunday morning feeling a little better so I got ready and made the long drive back to the base. It was hot!!!

I got to the base and by the time I got out of my car I realized my back was screaming at me again. Oh well, I had work to do! Suck it up buttercup! That was my attituded and I went in and tried to get comfy in a chair. Every couple of minutes someone asked me to come to their office and the walk was a waddle of pain. Not because I was so big, but because the pain I was feeling wouldn't allow me to stand up properly. I brushed it off and kept trucking.

One of my coworkers was complaining about foot pain from a recent foot surgery and hers sounded much worse than my back pain so I quickly shut up about my pain as it didn't seem worthy of being in the same conversation. I empathized with her though. She was walking funny too. Our First Sergeant finally noticed both of us limping around and asked what was going on. She told her long story again so I simply just said "My back is hurting a bit...you know pregnancy makes everything ache". We laughed and I went back to my office ready to cry. My Airman that I was mentoring looked at me and said, "I think you're having back labor! That's how mine was!" I quickly dismissed her. Sure she has 3 kids...but she's like 24. What does she know!?

This long day drew to an end and I headed home. Yet again that long drive. I got about half way home and I remember feeling a rush of warmth in my pants. I thought, "damn! I just peed my pants after making fun of my sister for her weak bladder control!" I didn't even feel the urge to pee so I thought that was strange. "Whatever, I'll change my clothes when I get home before I pick up my daughter." The drive home wasn't bad. I felt a little light headed and assumed I needed to drink more water so I started chugging the huge bottle I had.

I got home and my dog was happy to see me. I let her out so I could change clothes and put on something comfy to go get my kiddo. Get into the bathroom because now I have to pee like nobody's business after all that water. As I pulled my pants down I realized I was soaked in blood. "HOLY SHIT! my boyfriend is out of town (on his way back) and I'm supposed to be getting my daughter! What the hell am I going to do? Who do I call first?'

I took a deep breath and grabbed some sanitary products and cleaned myself up the best I could. Then I jumped in the car and headed back towards the hospital that was a good 35 mins away. I called my doctor and Labor and Delivery on the way. Still in panic mode. They instructed me to head to the hospital they were awaiting me. Then I called my boyfriend. THANK GOD HE WAS IN DALLAS ALREADY! I instructed him to drop his parents off and meet me at the hospital...which he somehow beat me to. Then I called my parents and told them I wasn't coming to get my daughter. I explained and of course they were worried. I called my best friend last and asked her to pick up my daughter so that my parents could go to work the next morning. Our emergency plan panned out perfect.

We get to L&D and I'm hooked up to every possible monitor. Pumped full of meds to stop contractions and pain, and a slew of blood tests are ran. They verify that my water hasn't broken and they can't identify where are the blood is coming from. They send me home late that evening and instruct me to follow up with my doc the next morning. Which I did.

As soon as my doc saw the blood and the pics that I brought in, he ordered a sono to verify baby was okay. We left the sono and went back in his office and he said "Go ahead and go upstairs. They have a room waiting for you. You're being admitted. We can't let you leave its just too dangerous." I looked and my boyfriend and he looked at me and whispered "It's going to be okay." we went upstairs and filled out paperwork and they brought me to a room. I was dead silent. "was I going to lose my baby? Was I in danger? Is the baby coming today? I wish someone would just tell me what the eff is going on!" Finally a sweet nurse came in and she explained what my orders said. I was to stay indefinitely until the baby was born. I could only get up and walk to my bathroom 5 steps away. I was to stay in bed and use a call button if I needed anything. The doc would be up in a bit to explain everything.

I called work and told them what was going on and they said okay just let us know. The panic set in quickly. What was going to come of all of this? Would I lose my job? What about the finals I'm suppose to be taking for this semester? Who is going to take care of my daughter? Is my baby okay? Am I okay?

Left in a quiet room...tears rolled down my face as I pondered the worst possible outcomes for any of those questions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOSE 2 LBS IN 1 WEEK - MEAL PLAN #1

How to Survive a Long Hospital Stay

Banana Chocolate Chip Lactation Pancakes!!!!